The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 2018, EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC (the “Data Protection Legislation”). The Data Protection Legislation has amended data privacy law. It gives more rights to you as an individual and places more obligations to organisations holding your personal data to limit its use and to ensure its protection.
One of the rights given to individuals is a right to be informed. This means that NameSwitch Ltd and NameSwitch Deed Poll Services Ltd (together “NameSwitch”, “we”, “us”) must provide greater insight and transparency about the way in which we collect, process, share, store and ultimately destroy your personal information.
We collect information in 3 ways:
- When you provide information directly to us in order to use our service;
- When you provide your e-mail address to allow us to contact you via the contact form on our Website; and
- Through technology such as “cookies” which aggregates non-personally identifiable information on how the Website is being used.
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To personalise the content of our service, to create your own specific NameSwitch pack and to contact you regarding your account if required, for instance responding to a query raised by you;
- To contact users for marketing purposes, which you can unsubscribe from at any time by simply e-mailing “Unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org and
- To improve the content and usability of our services for example to add additional categories and companies to notify of a change in name.
- We collect your personal data and any ‘optional’ information you provide via our secure online form.
- Depending on your personal settings, your system will most likely store your form entries on your computer/devices cache. Our system will only store your data after you have read and accepted our NameSwitch Terms and Conditions.
- Our system processes your data and generates personalised letters, forms and instructions for your selected companies onto a secure platform which is password protected for only you to access and download.
- All Print Packages are processed by NameSwitch staff on our secure premises. No third party will have access or involvement in the printing process.
- All Print Packages are sent via Royal Mail Signed For (formerly known as recorded delivery). As a safety measure to protect the level of sensitive information included, we always send packages recorded to the users’ registered home address. If not delivered, they are held in the Royal Mail postal system and a redelivery or collection can be arranged for a time that is more convenient to you. We regret that we are unable to send recorded post to a workplace where the risk of being misplaced is regrettably increased.
- Profiles remain on our secure server for 6 months from the date of order.
- Your documentation and personal data will be automatically destroyed 6 months after the profile creation date. After this time, it cannot be retrieved or regenerated. Your name, email address, date of purchase and product type will be stored for accounting and audit purposes. You may at any point request that we delete your personal data stored on our systems - this excludes the aforementioned transaction data which is needed for accounting and auditing purposes. Please send an email (from the same email address on your profile) to email@example.com. and we will send you confirmation and a print screen that your data has been destroyed.
When completing your order on the Website, you will, where relevant, be given the choice to enter ‘Optional Information’ for the specific companies that you have selected to notify. For example, a drivers licence number, banking details, pension details etc. This data, if provided, is added to the forms or letters that are generated for the companies in question. Providing this information is completely optional. You may also enter these manually on the form/letter at the point of signing.
Any Optional Information that you provide will not be passed on to ANY of our technical solution partners. This data is not required by them to perform their functions.
All Optional Information that you submit will be destroyed after 6 months as part of your account closure. You may request that we remove your entry at any time before this date by submitting a request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to our registered office address:
FAO: Customer Services Team
Charnham Lane Hungerford RG17 0EY
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect is stored securely against unauthorised access through the use of various methods including access limitation, and industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include, but are not limited to, data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
We have carefully vetted and selected industry leading technical solution partners who enable us to provide a seamless, secure and privacy conscious NameSwitch service. We take care to ensure that the encrypted data that they receive is for the sole purpose of performing the tasks/functions which are summarised below. A link to our partner privacy policies are also provided below.
All documentation & personal data will be automatically destroyed after 6 months. Customer Name and Profile settings will be held for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes.
As an added security measure, profiles will be removed from the server after 3 months. You may contact us at any time before the 6-month period from the date your order was first processed, and we will gladly re-generate your profile which you may then download.
You may at any point request that we delete your personal data stored on our systems - this excludes the aforementioned transaction data which is needed for accounting and auditing purposes. Please send an email (from the same email address on your profile) to email@example.com. and we will send you confirmation and a print screen that your data has been destroyed.
You can exercise your privacy rights at any time. Your privacy rights include access, correction, erasure, and data portability.
Please in the first instance contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to our registered office address:
FAO: Customer Services Team
Charnham Lane Hungerford RG17 0EY
NameSwitch is registered with the UK governing body, the Information Commissioners Office - the ICO. You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or via email using the online contact form here.
You may also write to the ICO at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
NameSwitch reserves the right to disclose your information to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if required by law or we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our NameSwitch Terms and Conditions. Any such sharing or disclosure of your information will be in compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
As you browse the Website, NameSwitch will collect certain information about your computer hardware and software. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring website addresses. NameSwitch will also record the number of visits, paths taken and time spent on sites and pages of the Website. This information is used for the operation of the Website, to maintain the quality of the Website and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website. It may be stored as a cookie on your computer’s hard drive. If you are concerned about information contained in your cookie, you may delete the file(s) at the end of each browser session. You can opt out of having cookies set on your browser, via your browser’s menu. Please note that in doing so it may limit some functionality of our service.
We are committed to protecting your information. Your password protects your individual account and you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the NameSwitch service.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect is stored securely against unauthorised access through the use of various methods including access limitation, and industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.